Monday, May 21, 2007

Notebooks of a Chile Verde Smuggler-quote response

Page 172:
"All I want to do is take some pictures. Maybe the silhouettes have somethign to do wit me and my familia, wit all of us. Mexico. America--wit Hollywood."
*This made no sense to me. I couldnt figure out if Hollywood was a nickname that Juan knew somebody by of if he was relating to the place in California. The fact that he mentioned taking pictures seemed to incorporate paprazzi but since hollywood was mentioned as somethign possibly important at the dinner conversation I was not sure.

Page 173:
"Five minutes, we close, brotherito. So get your tortillas together."
*In a way this quote makes sense. It seems to be a figure of speech in joke formation. Either that or it is a variation of the American expression : Get your act together. I ffound this quote interesting because it was similar yet diverse.

No comments: