Thursday, May 24, 2007

Notebooks of a Chile Verde Smuggler-quote response

Page 175:
"Or maybe I just had Juantoomanys. Everywhere I look there is a Juan. Can't help it."
*Juan Herrera brings an important point to the end of the story with his mentioning of normality. Everyone seems to be the same and is then considered normal. To be abnormal is to be different. Herrera demonstrates tehat everyone seems to be the same with examples such as physical appearances and behaviors. No one dares to be different and it has been that way ffor years.

Page 180:
"Oh, excuse me, I am straying (like a good gato) from the subject at mano."
*Perhaps one of my favorite quotes, the author incorporates both spanish and english in this sentence. Being both completely serious and totally humorous I like this quote because I can understand spanish and what he says is funny. Straying liek a good cat from the the subject at hand. That made me happy to know that even under stress a man can still have selff composure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.