Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Notebooks of a Chile Verde Smuggler- quote response

Page 59:
"Jet burns overhead as a Hindu woman in pink-milk patch sari sits in ffront off me with her face up through the skylight & a flowery ribbon on her hair, she looks up to the sky region-the jet- boom blows & tears another pattern through the dome."
*This quote confuses me because I don't understand what the narrator is talking about here. He says that he is sitting at a gate in the airport and that the plane's engine is getting fixed but he is worried about his luggage. When he says the very last sentence, which is this quote, it confuses me. The way he words it makes me think that the plane is in the air right over head and the engine keeps blowing out jet fuel which is tearing apartthe ceiling.

Page 66:
"Yoli, I said, maybe you can talk to the manager, tell him I'm famous or something, get me a suave deal on the ranfla."
*Juan is telling a story about a girl named Francis whom he called Yoli. She apparently works at a car dealership and Juan would like to buy a car, but for very cheap. Therefore, he tries to get Yoli to rip the manager off and lie to him about the true identity of Juan. Yoli gets mad and tells him off.

No comments: